When you think of wooden toys, what’s the first thing that pops into your head? I’m going to guess that you simply thought of the standard wooden building blocks which seem to be a staple in every baby’s toy box.
Wooden Roller Baby Rattle
We’ll additionally review a few of our favorites to make your shopping journey a little bit easier. The LEGO Group began in the workshop of Ole Kirk Christiansen, a carpenter from Billund, Denmark, who began making wooden toys in 1932. In 1934, his firm came to be called LEGO, and expanded to producing plastic toys in 1940. In 1949, LEGO began producing the now famous interlocking bricks, calling them Automatic Binding Bricks. These bricks were based largely on the design of Kiddicraft Self-Locking Bricks, which had been then launched within the United Kingdom in 1947.
There’s little question that wooden toys usually last more than plastic, so long as they’re produced from high-quality wood. This makes them a timeless option that can be passed down through generations and give a toy a sure sentimental worth. Read on to search out out more about wooden toys and the way they’ll benefit your child.
- The few wood and plastic toys that remained have been marketed beneath the name Bilofix in 1959 and all non-system toys were finally discontinued in 1960.
- As the plastic toys started gaining reputation within the mid-1950’s, the production of wooden toys was scaled again.
- On four February 1960, the LEGO department for wooden toy production was struck by lightning and burned down for the third time.
- After a lot consideration, it was determined to discontinue manufacturing of wooden toys and to concentrate solely on plastic toys.
- As a outcome, two of the brothers, Karl Georg and Gerhardt, decided to leave the LEGO firm and begin their own separate enterprise, known as BILOfix.
There’s room for some plastic; not all of those toys stifle your child’s creativeness. But items which are created from high quality wood or pure materials are each healthier and permit youngsters to think more creatively during playtime. Solid wooden toys let you remaineco-friendlyeven when you’re on a price range. There are loads of high quality wooden toys in the marketplace that gained’t go away a gap in your pockets, and are are actually extra advanced than you could suppose. In 2015, the annualTIMPANI toy studyfound that a easy wooden cash register scored properly in the creativity class, and was liked equally amongst boys and girls across socioeconomic backgrounds.
Choosing between wooden or plastic toys shouldn’t be an all-or-nothing strategy. As with something, it’s at all times a great rule to train moderation.